Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tips to handle your To-Read piles

Okay everyone, let me tell you a story.

So, I just finished school. Like I am done. I have the whole summer to do what I want before I go to university so I have so much time on my hands. A couple weeks ago, when I first finished school, I had so much time on my hands that I made a bookshelf. Yes, I made a freakin bookshelf. My already existing two were overflowing and I needed a new place to put all the books. So this is the concerning part, every single book that I put on my new bookshelf was a To-Read book. Yes, so that is about thirty. THIRTY BOOKS IN MY TO- READ PILE. I am concerned for my health. Like, I just keep buying books but I have not had the chance to read or organize them! So, I am going to give you all a couple tips on how to manage your To-Read piles. I have used these tips over the past couple of weeks and they have worked for me! So without further ado, lets get started!

1. Get an idea on how many books we are talking here. I had thirty to deal with. So check out the final total.
2. Make a pact to yourself not to get any more books until you are done with every single book in your pile.
3. Give yourself some sort of system. Whether that is picking a name out of a hat or making a list.
4. Abide by your rules or you are never going to finish the books!!
5. Keep all of your books in the same place. It is easier to just go to that spot and look at what you are dealing with.

Okay, I hope this has helped you!! If you have any questions, message/comment/email!

Sincerely.
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment