Monday, May 25, 2015

I Read YA :D



Hello everyone! So as most of you know, I Read YA Week was last week from the 18th to the 22nd. I wanted to participate so bad and decided I would compile all of my responses in one whole post and give my impressions of the whole event as I watched from my computer. I hope you were all able to get involved last week!
If you are interested in the original post about the event, here is the link to the website!!
I Read YA

Love for YA (Day 1):
I think the reason why I love YA is because I am able to connect to the characters and escape my own world. I can become the incredible wizard, girl next door, or scary assassin. YA fiction allows you to be anyone you want to be and explore so many cultures, places, or types of people. These books have gotten me through the past six years of middle and high school, and it has definitely made me the person I am today. I also believe that YA fiction allows the readers to think out of the box and just think in general. Nowadays, teenagers/ young adults are spend so much time on Netflix and on the their phones performing such mind numbing tasks. YA brings these teenagers and allows them to actually think creatively. Also, boys. YA boys are freakin amazing.

YAAlliteration (Day 2):

America and Aspen always asserted attention although another attained affection. 
HAHA my attempt at alliteration for the Selection by Kiera Cass

WOW (Day 3):
(Upcoming YA releases)

THERE ARE SO MANY YA BOOKS THAT ARE COMING OUT SOON AND I AM SO EXCITED. Okay, I think I am calm now. JUST KIDDING I WILL NEVER NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
1.) Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry (May 26th)
2.) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (September 1)
3.) Reap the Shadows by Annette Marie (Fall)


TBT (Day 4):


Maximum Ride hands down was the book that got me into reading YA. I first thought of Maximum Ride when I saw this question but I did have a secondary thought of Harry Potter. But, I think that Harry Potter just got me into reading in general while Maximum Ride got me into YA.

Recommendations (Day 5):

So since this is a book review blog there are many recommendations on here but I will give you a top 3 of the most recent books that I have read and loved.

1.) Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (review will be up this week!!)
2.) All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
3.) Chase the Dark by Annette Marie

EVERYONE GO READ SOME YA!!

Sincerely.
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment