Saturday, December 27, 2014

Inside and Out Book Tag

Hey guys! So a couple years ago I saw this awesome book tag on some of the blogs I followed. Now, since I have my own blog I thought I would try it out! I think this is a great way to learn to know me and I hope you comment your answers!


Inside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much or Too little information?
Hmm... I think that it is the perfect amount! I get to understand the plot and the characters just enough so I can make a decision on whether or not I want to read the book.

New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?
Paperback, hands down. I am not a fan or e-books because I get headaches looking at the screen. I cannot stand audio books because I like to actually read. So that leaves paperback or hardcover. I like paperbacks more because they are not as hard and they are cheaper.


Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?

I wouldn't dare write in my books! I am so OCD about my books. I keep them all on one book shelf and they have to be in perfect order. I cannot even dog-ear the page because it looks bad. So, it needs to be clean clean clean!

 In your best voice, read for us your favorite first sentence from a book.

Oh my gosh this is so hard. Let me think....oh wow.  Im going to cheat and use two sentences. Okay, ready? "My father took one hundred and thirty-two minutes to die. I counted"- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

 Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book?
It really makes no difference to me. Some of my favorite books are written by both males and females.

Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?

Oh I am sooo guilty to this. I have read ahead in so many books. Sometimes I just need to know what is going to happen RIGHT AWAY and I cannot wait for one more second. It is a problem.

Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
Organized to the max! I have my bookshelves organized alphabetically by author's last name. Again, I am crazy OCD about my books.

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
ALLOF THE TIME! It is one of the components of my book search because I have to make sure it looks good on my book shelf. I am so guilty of this.

Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Definitely stay in because I like to wear my pajamas while I read. Im weird, I know.

Sincerely,
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment