Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Haul 12/6

Hello everyone! Here is another book haul because I cannot stop buying books...its a problem.

1. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
So this is about a girl who has traveled around the country with her father, a veteran. He is having PTSD and she practically has to take care of him. They finally settle down to his home town and it is about her living her life there with her father. I am excited to read this because I feel like it is so different from any other book I have read.

2. More Than This by Patrick Ness
A boy named Seth drowns and wakes up in what he thinks may be his personal hell or an afterlife. I was recommended this by a friend and it looks very good. Maybe a little strange, but I think it will turn out to be one of my favorites. Lets cross our fingers. 

3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson 
Lennie's sister just died and she is trying to get through life without her while being stuck between two guys. For me, this could either be reallyyyy good or realllyyy bad. I'm hoping it is the first one!

4. Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer 
Julep Depree is a grifter, a con artist. She tells lies, just like her father. So when her father goes missing she has to use the clues that he left her to attempt to find him. This is another one I am super excited for because it sounds like a Heist Society kind of thing. 

5. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
This is about a girl who is possibly a criminal mastermind by the age of 16. This book won an award and was written by E. Lockhart so I am assuming it will be wonderful. 


Sincerely, 
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment