Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Series

So, as my first weekly list, I decided to rank my top ten favorite book series. This was very hard, as expected, but I feel that I got the top ten perfectly. It goes from 10, the least favorite, to 1, the favorite.

Without further ado, here it is!

10. Perfect Chemistry- Simone Elkeles

 
I am going to be a total girl on this one and rate this as one of my top ten. This series is the Mexican Fuentes boys learning to love people with very different backgrounds as them. I read this series a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it. The characters felt so real to me and I could really relate to the leads. I also really enjoyed that the three  books were about each of the three brothers but the other characters were weaved in as well. This is the original Pushing the Limits Series by Katie McGarry which I loved. Overall, this series was cute and made me hope for a connection like the characters had.

9. Divergent- Veronica Roth

 
So, Divergent. I know most of you have either read it, seen the movie, or have heard of it. A quick synopsis: a girl has to pick a faction in a dystopian society. I read this before the movies came out and I really enjoyed it. I liked the way Veronica Roth split society into different factions based on personality traits. It was interesting to see how Tris would change in Dauntless, and of course how her relationship with Four would evolve. Overall, I loved the world that Roth created.
 
 
8. The Selection- Kiera Cass
 
 

The Selection takes place in a dystopian society where the government holds a competition between the girls in the nation to find a wife for the prince. America Singer is from a poorer social tier and has to adjust the way she acts during this competition. I absolutely loved this series. It kept me on my toes and I was always waiting what America would do next. I think the reason I liked it so much was because America was such a strong female lead. The first time she met the prince, she kneed him in the privates. Go America!
 
7. His Fair Assassins- Robin LaFevers 
 

 
His Fair Assassins is about a teenage girl, Ismae, who is taught the ways of Death and trained as an assassins at a covenant. She takes an assignment in the high courts of Brittany and has to hold her own. I loved this series because it was partly historic,  and was much different from this day and age. Also, it was dark and mysterious and very unique from any other book. The romance was subtle and more underlying.
 
 
 
6. Unearthly- Cynthia Hand 

 

 
If you like angels and hot guys, this is your book. Unearthly is about a girl who finds out that she is part angel and has to fulfill this mission. Of course she has some struggles and along the way finds her man (:D). I loved Unearthly. It had enough paranormal action to keep me reading and a romance I would have never seen coming.
 
5. The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare
 


strangechemistrybooks.com

 
Again, like Divergent, I understand that most of you have either read, seen the movie, or have heard of this series. So, I will spare you the details and get straight to why I liked it. The Mortal Instruments was so unique. It took fantasy, mixed it with some romance and hot guys and then sprinkled it with humor. Not only was I staying up late to finish this, I was dreaming about Jace (I mean who doesn't?)


 4. The Shatter Me Series- Tahereh Mafi


 literaryassassins.com

 
Before I say anything, let me just say that Tahereh Mafi is a literary genius. Her style of writing is captivating and so different. Sentences were sometimes one word, and they would sometimes be crossed out. This really shows what Juliette was going through and shows how she thought she was crazy.  This series is about a girl who cannot touch anyone without harming them in a dystopian setting. She believes she is crazy and when she is brought to the commander, tries to get away in any way possible. So. Good.


 3. The Lux Series- Jennifer L. Armentrout



entangledinromance.com

 
The Lux Series. I LOVE THIS SERIES. I LOVE EVERYHING ABOUT IT. Besides the classics (#1 and 2) this has to be my favorite. I love the twist on aliens the Armentrout brings to the table. Its different but completely plausible, with the government involved. I also love Katy. I mean, she is a freakin book blogger! She is a total nerd and I could totally relate to her. Now, lets talk about Daemon. I mean, really? He is perfect and is a total jerk in the beginning (which I love). I could go on and on about this series but Im gonna stop here.
 
 
 2. Maximum Ride- James Patterson

purpleberrysbookblog.blogspot.com

 
Maximum Ride is about a flock of humans with bird DNA. Max is the leader of this group and has to save the world with the rest of the kids. I loved this series. I started reading this when I was in middle school and it is really what got me into reading in the first place. Max is hilarious and the perfect leader. Of course she makes some mistakes which makes her part human. I loved this series because of the action, romance, and funny characters (fang :D)


1. Harry Potter- JK Rowling (duh.)


franklintwp.com

 
 Surprise, Surprise. Harry Potter is number one. Of course!!! Harry Potter is my favorite book series ever. I love the characters and the world in general. I mean, I would love to go to Hogwarts. I think that JK Rowling created something that can touch just about anyone. I can connect to it on so many levels and I can always go to it when I have a bad day. Hermoine Granger is practically me, but I hope I can be as awesome as her one day and also have a Ron all to myself :D


Sincerely,
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment