Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Individual Books

Hello my fellow book lovers!!!

Welcome to the second weekly list!
This week I will be ranking my favorite individual books (this is, any book that is not part of a series). Like always, one is the best and ten is the worst (but not actually worst). Sorry, that was confusing :D

Anywayyy lets get to the good stuff!!!


10. It's Kind of a Funny Story- Ned Vizzini

 I do not know how many of you have seen the movie for this book, but let me just tell you that the book is so much better. Vizzini takes something that is usually so dark and twists it to create a humorous story. I found myself sitting on my bed cracking up multiple times while reading this.


9. Endless Summer- Jennifer Echols

 Okay, yes im going to totally put a romantic book on here. I just loved this book. One of my favorite things ever is when two friends realize they like each other. So, Lori and Adam made my life perfect. Also, I am a total Jennifer Echols fan girl so I was obsessed with this book.

8. The Host- Stephanie Meyers

 http://judyoz.com/media/ccp0/prodlg/host-pb-stephenie-meyer-med.jpg

I have never been a huge fan of Twilight. So, when I picked up the Host I was not expecting anything great. I was so wrong. The Host gave me the feels man. The idea behind the book was crazy creative and the male characters were amazing.
7. My Life Next Door- Huntley Fitzpatrick

Let me just start by saying I wish I were a Garrett. This makes me want a big family, especially when Fitzpatrick outlines the differences between Sam and Jase's families. This book is just so touching and I just loved Jase. He is perfect. End of story.

6. Audrey, Wait- Robin Benway
"Now I'm watching you walk away, Audrey wait!" This book was definitely a perfect fit for me because I love ice cream and music (I would totally love the Do- Gooders). Audrey, Wait was just a great upbeat book that had me on the edge of my seat.
PS. If you have read the book, here is a band playing the Audrey, Wait song. Check it out, it pretty great.

5. Looking For Alaska- John Green
Alright, yes John Green made my top ten. I mean how could he not?!?!? Looking for Alaska is a piece of work. I found myself crying, laughing, screaming and of course just sitting there staring at the pages. The ending was rough (I love when authors do that, I guess im crazy) but I still find myself thinking of Pudge and Alaska.

4. Perks of Being A Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
I don't really know what to say about Perks because it is just such a classic. It dives into some pretty deep stuff but at the same time keeps a cherry mood. Chbosky totally made me feel exactly what Charlie was feeling, which as some pretty intense stuff. But what he was feeling can relate to what many teenagers in high school feel. This book was just real and sends a great message (PS. LOVED the movie)
3. Out of the Easy- Ruta Septys


If you liked Ruta's Between Shades of Gray than you will definitely like this one. I would say its about ten times better. If you have not read Between Shades of Gray, it is a historical fiction novel about a Lithuanian girl in 1941. Out of the Easy on the other hand is about a teenage girl in New Orleans in the 1950s (she works at a book store so that pretty awesome).

2. Jellicoe Road- Melina Marchetta
SOOOO GOOOOODDD!!!! Oh my gosh. Seriously. If you have not read this then you better be ordering right now. This book has been one of my favorites since I was twelve. I think I liked this book so much because its about finding a family outside of your blood relatives. Melina Marchetta created a work of art weaving these characters together and with the past.
1. Sea of Tranquility- Katja Millay


 Sea of Tranquility has got to be one my favorite books ever (even counting books in series as well). First of all, I love the cover. It says so much about the book without being over the top. You see the ice cream and the two faces but you would not know how significant this is until you have read the book. I think the reason why I loved this book so much was because the characters were so real. Everything that Nastya said or did was so realistic and showed what she was going through. That's another thing, I LOVEEEDD the suspense. I found myself ripping the pages to find out what happened to her. Overall, I would say if you have to read it then get your butt down to the closest Barnes and Noble to get it (or Amazon if you like online shopping but who knows) :D


Sincerely,
a Book Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment