Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Book Covers

Hello again my book lovers!!

I am here again with another top 10! This week I will be ranking my favorite covers. I know I am not supposed to, but I do judge a book by its cover. Its so hard not to when you think about it. Lets say you are walking the aisle in Barnes and Noble and you are looking for a good book to dive into. You aren't going to be drawn to a crappy looking cover are you? NO, most definitely not. That is why book covers are so important. So here is a shout out to any book designers or whatever. You go!

Anyway, here are my top 10. Feel free to comment adding your own!!! (actually I encourage it)


10. Sea of Tranquility



I love this cover because it really hints about the book without revealing the whole story. It is simple yet complex at the same time (if that makes sense?)
9. Entwined
 
I just think that this dress is beautiful. The color scheme on this cover just drew my eyes in the first time I saw it.
8. It's Kind of a Funny Story
 
This is another one like Sea of Tranquility. It just says so much about the book and is really unique. I actually used this idea for a school project once (it turned out freakin awesome if you were wondering).
7.Nightshade
 
I love the girls hair. The color is so pretty and really grabbed my eyes. The look on her face also had me questioning what the book was about and I wanted to find out more.
 

6. The Selection
 
I remember walking around Barnes and Noble, seeing this and picking it up to say "I do not even care about what this book is about, but I am going to get it." It is just so pretty, and I love how each book has a different color.

5. Clockwork Prince

 
Of course I am going to put a Cassandra Clare book in here. However, instead of going with the typical Mortal Instruments, I am going with Infernal Devices (mostly because its shiny and I like shiny)


4. Unearthly
 
Okay, this is another one like the Selection. I just loved the color scheme and did not even care what the book was about. When I actually read the inside flap, it was even better. A good book and a beautiful cover?!?! I will take it.
3. Unravel Me
www.goodreads.com

This cover is pretty crazy. There is so much detail in her eye that I cannot stop looking at it. The only this that is annoying is that it goes from the first book, a girl, to the next two books with eyes. But this cover is so pretty that is balances it out.
2. Torment
fallen.wikia.com

Okay, I do not know what is up with Lauren Kate. All of her covers look like they are from an art gallery. Am I right? They are gorgeous!! I love the dark colors and the position she is in. You can obviously tell it will be a dark book. I love it.
1. Fallen


Yes, this is another Lauren Kate cover. I am just obsessed with these covers. The color scheme again makes me want to put it on my bookshelf. The first time I saw this cover I was like "This would look so pretty next to the Hush, Hush series." Man was I right.

Sincerely,
a Book Nerd
 

No comments:

Post a Comment