Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Haul 10/7

Hello everyone!!

Today I got my shipment of new books. I am super excited to read these, especially because I have heard so many good things about them. When I finish one of the books, I will get a review up as soon as possible!

1.  Panic- Lauren Oliver
A girl named Heather participates in a legendary game named Panic in her hometown where "the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher". I have heard so many good things about this book and have wanted to read it for a while. Also, the cover is awesome, so of course that drew me in.
 
 
2. The Gathering Dark- Christine Johnson
Keira has been having hallucinations and breakdowns. She believes she is crazy until she meets Walker who may not be trustworthy. I actually have not heard that much about this book, but my sister recommended it to me, and I thought it would be fun to check out.
 
3. The Maze Runner- James Dashner
I think most of you know what this is about but I should still tell you. It is about a boy named Thomas who is sent into the middle of a maze with other teenagers and must try to get out. I actually read this about four years ago but I totally forgot everything. So, before I see the movie I would like to read it again.
 
4. Cursed- Jennifer Armentrout
 
Ember McWilliams is killed in a car accident but is brought back to life by her gifted younger sister. She picks up a no-touch policy until she meets Hayden Cromwell. To be honest, the only reason I picked this up was because it was written by Jennifer Armentrout who I absolutely adore.
 
5. Sweet Evil- Wendy Higgins
Anna Whitt is the daughter of a fallen angel and guardian angel whose life depends on being a bad influence; until she meets Kaidan Rowe. Again, to be honest I am only reading this because there was a reference in the Lux Series. Also, I have heard its super duper good. We shall see :D I am actually really excited to read this.
 
 
Sincerely,
a Book Nerd
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I read panic!!!! I felt that it had a good plot, but it wasn't carried out in the way I had hoped. Also, it lacked character development. The thing that got me through this book was the interesting, dystopian world in which the story took place.

    ReplyDelete